Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I choose

When I was a child, I wanted to be older and not have anyone to tell me to eat my vegetables and when to go to bed.  I was not going to be mean to my kids and make them eat slimy spinach, that's for sure.

As an adult, I want to be younger and not have to deal with the mundane tasks of life like paying bills and taxes.

When I was in high school, I wanted to be out, to do what I wanted when I wanted to do it, and not have to go to silly things like pep rallies.

When I was living at home with my parents, I wanted to travel, see the world, and meet new people.

When I was a flight attendant, I wanted to be at home with my family and friends, sleep in my own bed, and play with my puppy.

When I was working as a nurse, I wanted to be back in college hanging out with my friends, and eating at Thai Bowl and not working night shift.

When I was single, I wanted to be married and not have to celebrate holidays, birthdays, and go to friends' weddings by myself.

As a wife, I want to have kids and be able to leave a legacy for the future generation.

But waiting for your next stage in life is HARD, and I'm learning to choose to be grateful where I am and what I am doing.  
It's a lesson that I recommend you try to learn sooner rather than later.

Perhaps, that's what my thirties are for...


At least, I don't have to say "I wish I was back to a human".







No comments:

Post a Comment