Sunday, March 18, 2012

Epiphany


I realized that I am meant to do something bigger than what my current circumstances will allow me to do.



I had no idea I was going to be labeled "disabled" by government standards at age 31.

I had no idea what was going on inside my body when I made the decision to go back to school for a nursing degree.

I had no idea that when I became a nurse, and signed up for the additional long term disability insurance, that in less than a year that would be my only source of income.

I had no idea that my arteries were silently closing, and I was losing blood supply to my brain, kidneys, heart, lungs.  You know that kinda important stuff...












I didn't know I would belong to a rare disease club called vasculitis, and be one of the 2.2 cases out of a million diagnosed in North America.



And with all that said, while out to lunch with my sister and mom this last week guess what my fortune cookie said...

You will make a name for yourself in the medical community.

Mmm...makes me think...

"You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you."
-Brian Tracy







No comments:

Post a Comment