Saturday, February 11, 2012

When You Had a Bad Day

Even though I belong to book clubs, volunteer, go to church, have a couple bible studies to go to, talk to family and friends on the phone, there is nothing like getting invited to a Super Bowl party last minute.
Especially when you are at home thinking nobody likes me, no one invited me to a Super Bowl party this year!
I started to feel a little bit like this...


“I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.”
― Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day
Even though I don't watch sports, or even know who is playing in the Super Bowl, I still want to feel included in on the fun of watching the commercials and eating a lot of good food, that's really bad for you.
And with the hubby gone off to work, I really was going to feel like a loser sitting at home by myself!

Then you say a little prayer, or just happen to stop off at a friend's house, and she invites you to a Super Bowl party starting in a couple of hours.

And then, all of a sudden, instead of feeling like gum on the bottom of someone's shoe, you start to feel like a million bucks!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment