Thursday, January 12, 2012

The end of the beginning

The beginning of the year marks a moment in time when most people decide they will eat better, exercise more, volunteer, create a budget, read more.  As if they can just re-create their life overnight, as soon as the clock strikes midnight, January 1st.

Well here it is January 12, 2012 and I have already broken promises I made to myself.

I promised myself I would wake up earlier, take pictures of the sunrise, get ready for the day by 8am, instead of lay around in my "workout clothes", which really consist of a t-shirt and pajama pants that I actually wore to bed the night before.
I declared I was going to eat better, more salads, fish, vegetables, fruit, etc. 
I stated I would walk everyday, either on the treadmill or take the dogs around the block.
I would take up a new activity like yoga, or a painting class.
Of course, all of these sounded like great goals!

And I know I can do all these things
It's just such a mind game, and an inner struggle to actually carry it out everyday.
I need someone to do mind control on me,
like in the movie Dinner For Schmucks.



My secret is out now...
I just ate left over birthday cake for breakfast. Geesh!


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
                                                          - Winston Churchill



No comments:

Post a Comment