Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Procrastinating Projects

I've had this hutch for almost a year now, purchased at a garage sale last summer.  It was actually the first piece I saw on the driveway as we drove by, and I ended up buying two more pieces of furniture.  It took two car loads, hubby was not too happy!

But it proved to be worth it when I made back all the money I spent, plus $120 when I sold one of the pieces on craigslist.  Sweet!
My friend suggested I open up an online store called something like Pottery Barn, but not, like E Barn, or Emily's Barn. Maybe...someday I'll start my own business.

So, I liked it but wanted to kind of make it a little more modern looking. This is what I did...


I also copied the mirror idea from one of my favorite stores.  Of course, I purchased it from my local goodwill store and painted it black.
Now on to the next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment